Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bare frame! Finally!


So today was a big boon in productivity. I spent the better part of the morning clearing out the rear end, i.e. brake lines, shocks, springs, etc. I finished clearing off all I could from the bulkhead as well. After that Carl came over and we got to work on everything else that was still in the way.

The steering components and the box itself proved to be quite the problem. Rust had seated everything in when it shouldn't have and as a result the impact and a very large hammer was required to pull everything out of the way and off the frame.

We rounded out the day by pulling the bulkhead off completely in preparation for welding repairs next week. At first I didn't think I would remove the bulkhead, but considerations for my welder came into play, as well as making it easier to repair and pull the motor. Just made sense in the end. Repairs in it are minor but something I can get accomplished fairly quickly so it's off.

The engine gets pulled later this week and then I'll put in a wish list to Trevor White over at Rovahfarm and get things moving.

Time before deployment is ticking away fast so I've got to get moving on this!

Bare frame from the rear


Frontal view


Steering box and scale rust on bulkhead

Rear end bare!
Front axle POR-15d ... rear has yet to be done!

No comments: